Foundation for the Awakening Mind is a non-profit organization registered and existing under the laws of Delaware, USA. Its registered address is 12365 Sams Wash Rd, Duchesne, UT 84021, USA. Foundation for the Awakening Mind is the data controller of the personal data that we collect from our customers and Site visitors.
1. The Information We Collect and How It's Used
What do we collect?
- When you browse the Site, we collect automated personal information, such as your IP address, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, and operating system. We also use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect information about how our visitors use this Site (number of visits, which pages were visited, etc.).
- When you browse the Site, we automatically collect and store your IP address, page URL, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system, date and time, and request type to our Site, as well as error responses returned by our Site in log files.
- When you use a form on the Site, we receive and store all information you enter. For example, information is stored from our newsletter sign-up and contact forms. This can include personal information like IP address, name, address, and telephone number, as well as email address (in order to do things like: receive our newsletter, request information, get support, and use our Services). We also record all form submissions in order to have an accurate record of all communication. This is needed to provide our Services, administer this Site, and support any action taken by our team (responding to questions, troubleshooting issues, etc.).
- When donating or signing up for our Services, products, or programs, we receive and store additional personal and payment information which can include, but is not limited to, your name, credit card information, payment provider, billing address, and identification numbers.
- When you use the Facebook Chatbot, we receive the following basic information from Facebook: your name, locale, time zone, and gender. We do not collect information about your Facebook Profile, Newsfeed, or Friend List, nor do we post to your Facebook Wall or notify your friends that you are using the Facebook Chatbot.
- When you use the iOS App, we use analytics services, such as Google Analytics and Dashbot, to collect information about how our visitors use the iOS App (number of visits, which pages/blocks were visited, etc.). We collect certain information automatically, including but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the iOS App, but not precise information about the location of your mobile device.
How do we use your information?
- We use your email address to contact you regarding any inquiry you make via contact forms or to send newsletters or notifications (if you have explicitly opted in for this), and to inform you of functionality changes to any products you have purchased or programs for which you have signed up.
- We need your payment and billing information as well as your contact details to open a membership account for you, to process your orders and membership renewals, invoice you, and fulfill our legal obligations for tax calculations.
- We collect automated personal information (via analytics tools and log files), which is not linked to any personally identifiable information. Information we receive via analytics tools is used to improve our Services. Information in log files is used for diagnosing and resolving problems and administering our Site and Services.
- Information from forms on our Site is used to have an accurate record of all inquiries in case of a dispute, and to identify characteristics that can help us improve our products and Services.
- The basic information we receive from users of the Facebook Chatbot is used in order to personalize user experience.
- Analytics service information from the use of the iOS App is used to administer and improve the iOS app.
2. Purposes of Data Processing
When you access our Site, Facebook Chatbot, iOS App, Google Chatbot, or Services, we need to collect, use, and process your information. We only collect the minimum personal data needed to deliver any Services to you and only use your information for the purposes you have given us permission for. We aim for full transparency on how we use your information to comply with legal or other lawful purposes and respect your privacy.
- The use of your information is necessary to perform any contractual (membership) obligations for our Services.
- The use of your personal information is necessary to comply with any legal obligation, court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities; or to use your personal information for tax calculations.
We also process personal information of our Site visitors and Facebook Chatbot, iOS App, and Google Chatbot users for the purposes of our legitimate interests of:
- running, growing, developing, and delivering our Services;
- detecting and preventing fraudulent activities;
- better understanding how people interact with our Website, Facebook Chatbot, iOS App, and Google Chatbot;
- enhancing, modifying, personalizing, or otherwise improving our Services and communications for the benefit of our visitors.
We rely on your consent to use your personal information to send you newsletters or notifications by email or text messages. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the "Unsubscribe" link in emails or text messages you receive from us or by contacting us using the details in the “Further Questions and Contacts” section of this Policy.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information and Who We Share It With
All personal information collected by Awakening Mind on the Website, Facebook Chatbot, iOS App, Google Chatbot, and through other Services is treated as confidential. We will never sell your personal data or conversation history to any third party. In the limited circumstances described below we will share your personal information:
- If we are required by law, we will disclose information about you, for example, in response to a subpoena, court order, or another legitimate governmental request.
- Aggregated, anonymized data from the iOS App and Google Chatbot is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the iOS App and Google Chatbot.
- When we believe in good faith that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of your personal information is necessary, we will share account and personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals:
- to meet applicable law, comply with regulation, legal process, or enforceable request;
- to investigate potential violations;
- to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Awakening Mind, our visitors, and members, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
5. Security Measures
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt the information you enter on our Site in order to protect its security during transmission to and from our Site. When storing information, we protect its security by encryption and pseudonymization of critical data. When processing credit card information and payments, the credit card is subject to tokenization and strong security measures.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personally identifiable information. In some cases, these security procedures require us to request proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
Please note that, although we take these measures to maintain the safety and security of your personal information, no over-the-Internet transmission can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, please note that we cannot fully guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
6. Retention Periods
Information collected through our Website and Services will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. In general, we will automatically delete your membership account information 2 years after you no longer have active Services with us. Since we offer Services to customers worldwide and need to comply with international regulations in regard to retention of personal information related to contractual agreements, provision of Services, financial, billing, invoicing operations, and tax calculations, a versioned copy of your contact, payment, and billing data associated with your past invoices is stored for a period of 7 years after deactivating an account. Your personal data is deleted automatically by our systems in accordance with these retention periods.
7. Your Rights
If you have signed up for our newsletter, you can access, correct, and change certain personal information associated with the subscription to our newsletter by visiting this "Update Info" page. For the iOS App, you can stop all collection of information by uninstalling it from your mobile device. If you need further assistance, you can contact us using the details in the "Further Questions and Contacts" section of this Policy.
Under this Policy, you have the right to contact us to:
- confirm whether or not personal data about you is being processed;
- request further details about how we process your personal data;
- request a copy of any data which we hold about you;
- withdraw your consent to us using your personal information (where we rely on your consent as a legal basis to justify using your personal data);
- make a valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including objecting to processing on grounds related to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing);
- request to update or delete personal data which we hold about you;
- restrict the way we process your personal data;
- make a valid request to transfer your personal data to a third-party provider of services (data portability)
- In certain circumstances, certain personal information may be exempt from those requests. Circumstances include a need to keep processing information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If such an exception applies, we will notify you accordingly when we respond to your request. Please note that we may request proof of identity before responding to you.
8. Age Restrictions
We do not sell products, provide Services, or collect information from any individual we actually know is under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is interested in exploring our Services, it could offer a beautiful opportunity to explore these services with them. If you find any content on any of our blogs, mailing lists, or websites that seems questionable, please contact us using the details in the “Further Questions and Contacts” section of this Policy.
10. Further Questions and Contacts
Last Updated: April 1, 2022